|Full-Day Presentation (Lecture and Hands-On Session – general knowledge suggested): Nearly 25 years after the introduction of Nickel Titanium Rotary Instrumentation to endodontics, we’ve learned much about the clinical strengths and limitations of these great instruments. Recently, reciprocation motion has shown some promise for improving safety and simplicity during instrumentation. A NEW motion using Optimized Torque Reduction (OTR), has shown great promise to improve on the reciprocation motion by combining the safety features of reciprocation with the efficiency of rotary motion. In this presentation, this NEW reciprocating motion will be introduced. Counterclockwise OTR helps clinicians produce safe, efficient instrumentation results for all root canal types. After attending this presentation, be ready to improve your instrumentation predictability while dramatically reducing instrument separation. Additionally, a simple yet effective bioceramic based obturation method featuring the latest in material science will be introduced and demonstrated. All participants will have the opportunity to validate these concepts during the hands-on session. Real World Endo remains dedicated to the preservation of the natural dentition.
At the conclusion of the presentation, all participants will:
1. Learn how rotary file design features influence instrumentation safety and efficiency.
2. Discover the most effective way to implement reciprocation/OTR motion clinically.
3. Completely understand the need to utilize piezoelectric ultrasonics in both access and three-dimensional irrigation.
4. Fully appreciate the benefits of bioceramic obturation and the incorporation of matching posts.
5. Recognize that ‘Great Endodontics’ can be accomplished in both a safe and simple manner. The key is to combine new technology with long established, evidence- based endodontic principles.